Baked Apples & Pecan Crunch
While not technically a low fat recipe, the majority of fats come from the toasted muesli and almonds, which are good fats and reflected in the fact that saturated fats (those that aren’t good for us in excessive quantities) are low.
- 320g Jonathon apples (approx two)
- 5g splenda sugar
- 70g toasted muesli
- 20g sultanas
- 30g pecans
- 10g honey (for garnish if desired)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced).
- Cut apples in half through the centre and cut a small hole in each. Blanch in boiling water and place on oven tray.
- Sprinkle sugar over each apple and place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix together toasted muesli, sultanas and pecans. Remove from oven and place even amounts of pecan mixture on top of each apple and place in oven for another 5 -7 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey if desired.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||838 kJ||741 kJ|
|200 Cal||177 Cal|
|Protein||3.4 g||3.0 g|
|Fat, total||8.0 g||7.1 g|
|– Saturated||0.9 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.1 g||23.1 g|
|– Sugars||18.3 g||16.2 g|
|Sodium||6 mg||5 mg|